When I talk about “the salt” you already know what I mean, it is Epsom salt or even plain sea salt. Did you also know that you can use it as a shower too? In this article, I hope I can convince you, since it has the same positive effect when using a Reiki shower with salt as you would have with a full bath or a foot soak.
Every Reiki practitioner might know how to use Reiki when in the shower. I will go into more details on how to proceed with it later in the article. Please know what I further describe, by using Reiki in the shower, can also apply to every person who has no further knowledge about Reiki or isn’t a Reiki practitioner.
Keep in mind when I say that the Reiki energy, the universal energy as we call it, is an intelligent energy and will never refuse to flow when being called upon, no matter if the individual knows about Reiki or not.
Let me talk first a bit about the history of Epsom salt before going into how it can be useful in the shower.
The History of Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a bitter taste and a natural magnesium sulfate mineral compound. The name Epsom comes from an English town in Surrey with the same name. This mineral, once, bubbled up to the surface from an underground spring in the early 17th century.
You can read more about the whole history about Epsom from the Royal Society of Chemistry
Here is some information about Epsom and its mineral discovery. There was an observation of the town people that when a wounded animal was wading through the water, the wounds healed more quickly. Soon enough, Epsom became an important name and place where visitors came from all different places in England.
The people who came to Epsom, no matter what their health concern was, did experience a lot of different health benefits, especially the relief from pain caused by gout.
The town Epsom, soon known by the people who traveled there, as a spa town, experienced a never seen flux of people seeking help for their health concerns. This “wonder” mineral became the name Epsom Salt in the year 1695. People drank this mineral by the gallons, so to speak, but they likewise bathe in it, waded in it and so on.
This further brought an idea to a scientist by the name of Nehemiah Grew to manufacturer this mineral, so they can sell it on the free market. Unfortunately, the town’s famous spring dried up and Epsom’s name as a spa town vanished.
General Use for Epsom Salt
Epsom salt has a wide spectrum of usage, but it is mostly of use for health and beauty purposes and has received approval as a laxative by the FDA.
When Epsom salt, used as a full bath, or as a foot bath, the water breaks down the salt crystals into magnesium and sulfate. During a soak, so the unproven theory, the salt gets through the skin into the body, helping to relax by loosening stiff muscles and joints.
To soak yourself in Epsom salt for at least 15 minutes will help you feel more relaxed afterward, it does it for me.
How to take a proper Epsom Salt bath?
I don’t know if there can be an improper salt bath, however, there are just a few pointers you should keep in mind when deciding to take a bath with this wonderful crystal salt.
- Keep the water temperature at a comfortable level, not too hot or too cold
- Add the salt crystals into the bath while the water is running so the salt can dissolve
- For a full bath use 2-3 cups of Epsom salt or even Sea salt
- For a foot bath use half of the amount you like to use for a full bath
- Take your time, the duration is, at least, 15 minutes to an hour
NOTE: Don’t use any salt crystals for a Hot Tube, or any other Tube with jets unless the manufacturer allows it.
How to use Epsom Salt as a Reiki Shower?
Now, that you know a bit of the history of Epsom salt and how you might enjoy it when using it in any form of a soak. The question remains what can you do if you only like or can use it as a shower? I, personally, never thought of it since I already have my ritual using Reiki when going into the shower, however, a friend of mine only has a shower in her apartment, and she once asked me what she can do about it?
First, I told her she can use Epsom salt as a foot soak and it will have the same effect. She did so and yes; she liked it, but once again, she asked me if there is another way where she could use these salt crystals in the shower as well?
At first, the question confused me since my friend had no attunements’ into Reiki. And, I strongly believe that using the word Reiki during the shower, with intention, will have the same effect and positive impact, benefits-wise, even though the person is not “officially” attuned into Reiki.
However, my friend kept bugging me to find out, and so I did.
I meditated and asked my spirit guides and Reiki guides to tell me if there is a way, the right way, to use Epsom or Sea salt in the shower. The answer was, there is and here is what I have received during my meditative Q&A with my guides.
Note: My spirit/Reiki guides informed me it is alright to use coarse sea salt or Himalayan salt if you don’t can get Epsom salt. Each of these salts in their pure non-processed form is working to achieve the benefits one likes to have when taking a bath, foot soak or even a shower.
Here is how I am doing it, but always follow your intuition, or gut feeling as long your intention is on the matter.
- Turn on your shower, if you are attuned into Reiki level 2 or even have received your Master Reiki symbol draw on the shower head either the Power symbol or the master symbol, draw the same symbol as well in front of you
- The salt type you have chosen comes in a box or container, draw, once again, the symbol, you have been attuned to it, on the box/container
- Sprinkle a few salt crystals on the shower floor than get into the shower as usual
- Put the salt all over your body and let it be there for a minute or two, then rinse it off thoroughly
- When it is time to wash your hair, put some salt crystals together with your shampoo in the palms of your hands, rub it together and wash your hair as you usually do
- Rinse off your hair and body thoroughly
- After you have exit the shower, for those of you who will use Reiki symbols, draw the power or the master Reiki symbol on the sole of your feet for grounding. Anyone else who doesn’t use Reiki symbols only needs to visualize strong and healthy roots are coming out of the center of your feet growing into the center of the earth. This too is very grounding.
- You might feel not only clean but much lighter and more relaxed than ever.
The Benefit of a Reiki Shower with Salt
The following benefit of a Reiki salt shower also applies to a full bath, or a foot soak, but it will be done in half of the time. We all have busy schedules to follow, but why should we compromise with our health?
- It can relax the whole body and mind
- It can help to regulate the stress hormones (like cortisol, adrenaline) and can help you release stress more easily
- It helps to transmute negative energy of all kinds
- It helps to cleanse off any negative situation, experience, or event who might have happened that day
- It helps the body to detox by removing the toxins through the skin
- It can help you sleep better
- It can help with various skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis
- It can naturally reduce body inflammation, i.e. caused by gout or arthritis
- It even can help with bloating or constipation issues
- It can help you feel refreshed, relaxed and much lighter
These are only a few benefits one can observe when using Epsom salt likewise in the shower. It is easy to do and as I mentioned before takes less time.
When you live nearby the ocean, you know probably how wonderful it is and more so how you feel after you had a swim in the ocean. Saltwater is with no doubt very beneficial to us and even just being near the ocean breathing in the salt-charged air (negative ions) does a lot of good.
The Dead Sea is further a destination for people who suffer from various skin conditions, like psoriasis, and can feel the benefits upfront when floating on the heavy salt-charged water. If you live in a bigger city, try to find out if there is an institute nearby, which have so-called “floating tanks” where you can get the experience of floating on saltwater, like you were visiting the ocean.
I recommend that you take such a Reiki salt shower once a week or whenever you feel the need to do so. When doing it more often, you can feel the urge inside you when it is time to do just that. Your senses will also get stronger and this too will further increase the need of cleansing ourselves of toxic people and situations.
Just take care of yourself and with a shower like this, or a bath you are doing the right thing.
Please, share your thoughts and experiences I appreciate your comments.
The information being shared in this article is for the reader to try them out by using their own discretion.
The information which is being shared in this article is for educational purposes only and is not to treat any existing illness or condition.
If unsure or in doubt always contact your medical practitioner.